Welcome to FlightAware.com. FlightAware.com (“Website”) is provided, owned, and operated by FlightAware LLC (“FlightAware”), including its affiliates, as an on-line service subject to your acceptance of the terms and conditions set forth in this agreement (the “Agreement”). The Agreement governs all use of the Website and all content, services and products available at or through the Website or FlightAware applications for mobile, or use of software provided by FlightAware, including, but not limited to, the FlightAware Discussions site (collectively, “FlightAware Services”).
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing, browsing or using the Website and FlightAware Services. By accessing or using the Website and FlightAware Services, you agree that you have read, understood and have become legally bound by the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to these terms and conditions do not access or use this Website.
Please review our Privacy Notice, available at https://flightaware.com/about/privacy, which also governs your use of the Website and FlightAware services.
Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein and all applicable local laws and regulations, FlightAware grants you a revocable, non-exclusive, non-transferable, personal, limited license to access, use and display this Website. This license is not a transfer of title of the Website or materials contained herein and this license is expressly subject to the following restrictions:
- You must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices on all copies of the Website.
- You may not disguise the origin of your connection to the Website.
- You may not provide false or inaccurate information to the Website.
- You may not use the Website for the purpose of conducting illegal activity.
- You may not abuse the Website with spam, including self-promotion, in any user contributed content.
- You may not access the Website in any way that intentionally affects or negatively impacts the performance or reliability of the Website.
- With the exception of FlightAware data feeds and APIs, you may only access the Website with a human-operated interactive web browser and not with any program, collection agent, or "robot" for any purpose, including the purpose of automated retrieval, display of content, or “scraping” of data or information.
- You may not combine or integrate the Website with hardware, software or other technology not provided to you by FlightAware specifically for use with this Website.
- You may not modify the Website or any materials in any way, reproduce, publicly display, perform, distribute, create derivative works of, or otherwise use the Website and any materials for any public or commercial purpose, except as otherwise specifically permitted herein.
- You may not decompile, disassemble, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to obtain or perceive the source code from which any software component of the Website are compiled or interpreted, and you acknowledge that nothing in this Agreement will be construed to grant you any right to obtain or use such code.
- You may not use the Website for any aviation, commercial, operational, law enforcement, judicial, or safety-critical activity that relies on the availability, validity, or accuracy of FlightAware data.
- If you create an account on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account. You must immediately notify FlightAware of any unauthorized uses of your account or any other breaches of security. FlightAware will not be liable for any acts or omissions by you, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
- If you post material to the Website, post links on the Website, or otherwise make (or allow any third party to make) material available by means of the Website (any such material, “Content”), You are entirely responsible for the contents of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software.
- If you post Content on the Website, you grant permission to others through the Privacy Notice to see, share, edit, copy and download that Content. You grant to FlightAware, its affiliates, successors, and assigns a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, sublicensable, no-charge, royalty-free, irrevocable license to use, reproduce, prepare derivative works of, publicly display, publicly perform, sublicense, and distribute all Content. This license survives termination of this Agreement by any party, for any reason.
- You may not allow any other person or party to gain access to or use the Website, including using the Website in any time-sharing or services bureau arrangement, including, without limitation, any use to provide services or process data for the benefit of, or on behalf of, any third party.
- You may not use the Website or any materials to design, manufacture or repair parts, or obtain FAA or other government approval to do so without FlightAware’s express, written permission.
- You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content.
- You represent and warrant that (i) your use of the Website will be in strict accordance with the FlightAware Privacy Notice, FlightAware Discussions FAQ, with this Agreement and with all applicable laws and regulations (including without limitation any local laws or regulations in your country, state, city, or other governmental area, regarding online conduct and acceptable content, and including all applicable laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the country in which this website resides or the country in which you reside), and (ii) your use of the Website will not infringe or misappropriate the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- All no-charge, web-based FlightAware products, APIs, and data are licensed solely for personal use, and you may not use them for any other purpose. Any products, APIs, and data, for which you pay FlightAware may be used solely in accordance with the specific terms of any additional license provided to you at the time of purchase. FlightAware products (including Enterprise WX, FlightAware Global, and Aviator) containing weather provided by DTN may only be used for personal and internal business purposes. You may not reproduce, publish, or distribute any FlightAware product, API, or data, or make any commercial use of those products, APIs, or data, unless FlightAware has granted you an express license that allows you to do so.
- FlightAware has the right, but not the obligation, to moderate any and all conversations, discussions, topics, posts, and images, in the discussion forums, photo system, or squawks section without prejudice.
- FlightAware may choose to refuse service, account privileges, or access to any individual at any time without explanation or justification.
- FlightAware makes no representations about the results to be obtained from using FlightAware. Any use is at your own risk.
- FlightAware has not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and is not responsible for that material’s content, use or effects.
- FlightAware provides this Website and its contents on an "as is" basis and makes no representations or warranties of any kind with respect to this Website or its contents.
- FlightAware disclaims any and all warranties, either express or implied, statutory or otherwise, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, non-infringement of third parties' rights, and fitness for any purpose. FlightAware makes no representations or warranties about the accuracy, completeness, security, or timeliness of the content, information, or services provided on or through the use of FlightAware. No information obtained by you from FlightAware shall create any warranty not expressly stated by FlightAware.
- This Website is provided with no “service level agreement” unless expressly negotiated in a writing signed by the parties.
- FlightAware disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated.
- You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, malware and other harmful or destructive content.
All content contained herein is subject to change without notice. FlightAware reserves the right to change or modify the terms and conditions applicable to the use of this Website at any time. Such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions to the terms and conditions of use shall be effective immediately upon notice thereof, which may be given by any means including, but not limited to, posting new terms and conditions on the Website. Any use of the Website after such change or modification shall be deemed to constitute acceptance by you of such changes, modifications, additions, or deletions. FlightAware may terminate, change, suspend or discontinue any aspect of the Website, including the availability of any features of the Website, at any time. FlightAware may also impose limits on certain features and services or restrict your access to parts of the Website without notice or liability.
Certain links provided on this Website will launch Internet sites that are not under the control of FlightAware. FlightAware provides connections to these outside linked Internet sites solely as a convenience to its users and the provision of any such link is not an endorsement by FlightAware of that Internet site or any of the contents, products, or services contained or offered therein. FLIGHTAWARE MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER CONCERNING AVAILABILITY OF OR CONTENT, INCLUDING SUB-LINKS, FOUND ON THOSE INTERNET SITES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
Neither FlightAware nor any of its subsidiaries, employees, or other representatives shall be liable for any damages arising out of or in connection with the use of this Website or any linked site. Under no circumstances shall FlightAware have any liability for any consequential, incidental, indirect, special, or punitive damages or costs, including, but not limited to, lost profits, business interruption, loss of information or data, or loss of goodwill, loss of or damage to property, and any claims of third parties, arising out of or in connection with the use, copying, or display of this Website or its contents or any linked website, regardless of whether FlightAware has been advised, knew, or should have known of the possibility thereof.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless FlightAware, including its affiliates, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your misfeasance or malfeasance in use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.
INTERNATIONAL USERS AND JURISDICTION
This Website is maintained and controlled by FlightAware in the United States of America. FlightAware makes no representation that materials on this Website are appropriate or available for use at other locations outside of the United States and access to this Site from territories where this Website’s contents are illegal is prohibited. If you access this Website from locations outside the United States, you are responsible for compliance with all local laws. The laws of the State of New York shall govern the content and use of this Website, without giving effect to any of the conflict of law principles or rules thereof. Information contained in this Website may be subject to U.S. government export controls. This information is subject to all laws, regulations and administrative acts, now or hereafter in effect of the U.S. government regarding the exportation and/or re-exportation of information. The recipient of this information acknowledges that they will be responsible for compliance as necessary with such laws, regulations and administrative acts. Prior to the disclosure of information presented on this website to any foreign national, the recipient will obtain any such approvals in a manner consistent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
If any part of this Agreement is held invalid or unenforceable, that part will be construed to reflect the parties’ original intent, and the remaining portions will remain in full force and effect. A waiver by either party of any term or condition of this Agreement or any breach thereof, in any one instance, will not waive such term or condition or any subsequent breach thereof. You may assign your rights under this Agreement to any party that consents to, and agrees to be bound by, its terms and conditions; FlightAware may assign its rights under this Agreement without condition. This Agreement will be binding upon and will inure to the benefit of the parties, their successors and permitted assigns.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PATENT AND TRADEMARK NOTICE
- All Website design, text, graphics, and the selection and arrangement thereof, as well as the look and feel of the Website, are the property of FlightAware and its affiliates. Any text or images bearing logos or the symbols TM, SM or ® are trademarks or registered trademarks and are used herein by permission of their respective owners. Any trademarks, product names, company names, etc., whether or not appearing with trademark symbols, in all capital letters or otherwise denoting ownership of the same, belong to their respective owners.
- Any intellectual property or content associated with FlightAware is the sole property of FlightAware, including its affiliates. Unless expressly authorized otherwise, you may not copy, reproduce, distribute, modify, lease, loan, sell, or create derivative works of any FlightAware content. By submitting information and material to FlightAware, whether via e-mail, through the Website, or otherwise, including, but not limited to, feedback, questions, comments, suggestions, ideas, graphics, submitted photography, media content or computer files of any type, you warrant that the owner of such material has thereby, irrevocably waive/waived all moral rights, all rights or privacy and publicity, and the like, and expressly grant/granted FlightAware a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, prepare derivative works and distribute such material (in whole or in part and without any obligation of attribution) worldwide and to incorporate it in other works in any form, media or technology now known or hereafter developed, subject to the FlightAware Privacy Notice included on the Website. You acknowledge that any ideas, concepts, or techniques ("suggestions") for new or existing services submitted to FlightAware or discussed on the FlightAware Discussions forums are not confidential or proprietary.
- You agree that by posting content to https://www.flightaware.com, the Content you post is licensed to FlightAware under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License (the “CC BY-NC-SA License”), under the terms of which you grant to FlightAware a worldwide, royalty-free, non-exclusive, perpetual (for the duration of the applicable copyright) license to exercise the following rights in the Work (all capitalized terms in section a-d below are as defined in CC BY-NC-SA License):
- to Reproduce the Work, to incorporate the Work into one or more Collections, and to Reproduce the Work as incorporated in the Collections;
- to create and Reproduce Adaptations provided that any such Adaptation, including any translation in any medium, takes reasonable steps to clearly label, demarcate or otherwise identify that changes were made to the original Work. For example, a translation could be marked "The original work was translated from English to Spanish," or a modification could indicate "The original work has been modified.";
- to Distribute and Publicly Perform the Work including as incorporated in Collections; and,
- to Distribute and Publicly Perform Adaptations.
- The above rights may be exercised in all media and formats whether now known or hereafter devised. The above rights include the right to make such modifications as are technically necessary to exercise the rights in other media and formats.
- Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, FlightAware has the right (though not the obligation) to, in FlightAware’s sole discretion, (i) refuse or remove any content that, in FlightAware’s opinion, violates any FlightAware policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) permanently terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason. FlightAware will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
- DMCA notice - As FlightAware asks others to respect its intellectual property rights, it respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that material located on or linked to by FlightAware.com violates your copyright, notify FlightAware, LLC in writing at 11 Greenway Plaza, Suite 2900, Houston, TX 77046, or via email to [email protected].
- Aspects of the FlightAware Website, services, and technology are covered by one or more of the following FlightAware patents: U.S. Patent No. 7,786,899; U.S. Patent No. 7,907,067; U.S. Patent No. 8,160,759; U.S. Patent No. 8,165,809; U.S. Patent No. 8,214,144; U.S. Patent No. 8,296,281; U.S. Patent No. 8,332,136; U.S. Patent No. 8,497,803 U.S. Patent No. 8,606,508; U.S. Patent No. 8,958,931; and U.S. Patent No. 8,963,776.
- FlightAware®, FlightAware.com™, AirportAware®, FuelAware®, FlightAware WeatherAware™, MiseryMap®, FlightFeeder®, FlightAware PiAware™, HyperFeed®, FlightAware FBO ToolBox℠, FlightAware FlightXML℠, FlightAware Ready to Taxi℠, SkyAware®, Pro Stick®, AeroAPI®, FlightAware Foresight℠, FlightAware Aviator℠, FlightAware Firehose℠, FlightAware Global℠, FlightAware TV℠, GlobalBeacon®, Central to Aviation® and the FlightAware logos are all trademarks of FlightAware, LLC. Other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.
Last Updated: January 31, 2024