← Back to Squawk list
Samsung Galaxy Note 7 explodes during Southwest flight boardingA Samsung Galaxy Note 7, the kind of cellphone that has been recalled for overheating batteries, exploded Wednesday morning aboard a Southwest Airlines flight on the ground at Louisville. The incident happened about 9:15 a.m. as Flight 994 to Baltimore was boarding. Arson investigators confirmed that a Samsung phone overheated, leading to smoke in the cabin, according to WHAS-TV reporter Rachel Platt. (www.usatoday.com) More...
Sort type: [Top] [Newest]
Can't help but wonder if the older, thicker phones that didn't bend while in your skinny jeans back pocket would fare better than these new super thin ones........not that I could get into skinny jeans anymore!
Reports say that this was a phone that had been replaced by AT&T on September 21st as part of Samsung's recall, so it had the new, "safe" battery.
Battery Manufacturers: "We Just Hate Airplanes"
Why do they allow these phones on planes?
Explosion? It looked something like this?